Check-in/out: Saturday - Saturday
Unit Size(s): 2 BR
Visit Sandwich, Massachusetts the oldest and, arguably, the quaintest town on the Cape! Our charming seaside cottage on Carman Avenue is walking distance from the beach and a prime location for a fabulous Cape Cod fun.
While in Sandwich, get to know the area with a stroll down Main St. where towering oaks and historic homes prevail. Explore Sandy Neck Beach; with its beautiful rounded dunes it remains unspoiled by commercialism. Be sure to check out one of the many nature preserves, go on a boating excursion, or tour the area by sea kayak. Because it is a Cape Cod Bay beach, the water is warmer and the waves are gentler, making it a popular family destination. Known for its famous glass, Sandwich has plenty of opportunities for you to experience the traditional artisan craftsmanship of the area. The intimate Sandwich Glass Museum offers thrilling glass blowing exhibitions and a fun “Treasure Hunt” for kids! In town you will also find many unique shops, great antiques, and tasty local restaurants. We recommend the Bee-Hive Tavern which has a great atmosphere, good prices, and delicious lobster rolls. For a romantic option try the Belfry Bistro which offers creative cuisine that runs the gamut fromthe unusual black grouper roasted in a banana leaf to the traditional grilled filet of beef over whipped potatoes with green beans.
During your stay in picturesque Sandwich, let Carman Avenue be your escape. About half a mile from the beach, this charming two bedroom, one bathroom cottage is a great location for making family beach memories. On-site amenities include a full kitchen with microwave, toaster, coffee maker, lobster pot, cable television with built in DVD player, fireplace, heating, and a furnished outdoor deck with a charcoal barbeque grill.
You’re Cape Cod memories are just waiting to be made so don’t hesitate to visit Sandwich, Massachusetts where food, family, and fun thrive!
* Not all rooms have all amenities
AC, Blender, Cable or Satellite, Coffee Maker, Dishwasher, DVD, Full Kitchen, Internet In-Room, Microwave, No Phone
- The closest regional airport to Sandwich, Massachusetts is New Bedford Regional Airport (EWB / KEWB), located approximately 35 miles away. Visit here
- The closest major city to Sandwich, Massachusetts is Boston, Massachusetts, located approximately 57 miles away.
- Heritage Museums & Gardens – No matter what time of year, the Heritage Museum & Gardens has a one-of-a-kind exhibit to catch your interest. Visit here
- Hoxie House – For all of the history buffs: do not miss the chance to see one of the oldest houses on Cape Cod, and one of the oldest surviving houses in Massachusetts.
- Sandwich Fish Hatchery – Take the whole family to feed a number or different fish of all shapes and sizes.
- Café Riverview – It doesn’t matter the time of day, Café Riverview is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Bee-Hive Tavern – With excellent local and international options there is something to suit everyone’s tastes at Bee-Hive Tavern.